Album date on Album Browser view

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
DuLac

Album date on Album Browser view

Post by DuLac »

Not too long ago Muso was updated to show the year in front of each tune if an album has had more than one (recording) date. This instead of defaulting to the earliest one displayed on top of the page after the album title as it used to do. As I use the date tag for the recording year I welcome this change. Regrettably now whenever there is more than one year none is shown next to the album on the Album Browser page. In my opinion it should show either every different year - something that could pose some weird problems with compilations covering several different recordings - or instead the earliest of these years with some sign (a + sign for instance) showing that other dates existed. What do you think, Jeremy?
Attachments
date_tag.jpg
date_tag.jpg (11.23 KiB) Viewed 6848 times
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Album date on Album Browser view

Post by musoware »

How about a date range, eg (1956-1961)
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

That would be great, Jeremy!
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Working on that, it's not quite as simple as I envisaged, since if it displays the year range for mixed year albums it also has to consider this when sorting by year.
I'm going with the following logic:
- show date range on albums view, in album header, on artist view (list of albums), other album list in album page, and similar artist album list in album/artist page
- for sorting take earliest year if sorting chronologically, or the latest year if sorting most recent first.
- still show year range if some tracks do not have a year specified
- for (Non-Album Tracks) collections, do not show year range
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I suggested the '+' sign to avoid addressing all different scenarios. But of course your approach is much more elegant and accurate. Thanks
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

This is now in 2.6.50
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Thank you. It is perfect now!