An easy way to clear orphan discs

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
steveoat87

An easy way to clear orphan discs

Post by steveoat87 »

In order to get box sets to work properly in Muso, I've had to create a new folder for the box set, place each of the individual discs in the folder, and rename to disc 1, disc 2, etc. using bulk renamer.

When I re-import the disc, I have to manually delete all the individual discs, though they have nothing in them.

Is there a way that muso could automate deleting empty disc folders?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: An easy way to clear orphan discs

Post by musoware »

I don't understand why you had to move files around. You can associate a sub-folder with the parent folder to stop an album being split by disk - see http://musoware.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... _Collation

In fact disk sub-folders is the recommended way to get artwork per disk working in a box set.
steveoat87

Post by steveoat87 »

This only works if the discs were originally labeled CD1, CD2, etc. However if they were labeled "Brahms complete symphonies, disc 1, Brahms complete symphonies, disc 2, etc. they are not recognized as part of the parent folder, but as individual discs. When you rename them disc 1, disc 2, etc. you will then get them as part of the same box, but the original albums remain, which you must delete manually.
MDE

Post by MDE »

I have had a similar problem when tagging software also does file and folder renaming. A minor irritation so far, but if I renamed the whole library to a consistent naming convention, it would be more of an issue.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

steveoat87 wrote:This only works if the discs were originally labeled CD1, CD2, etc. However if they were labeled "Brahms complete symphonies, disc 1, Brahms complete symphonies, disc 2, etc. they are not recognized as part of the parent folder, but as individual discs. When you rename them disc 1, disc 2, etc. you will then get them as part of the same box, but the original albums remain, which you must delete manually.
You're right, Muso will only automatically detect the disk folders and associate them with the parent folder if they are named CD1, Disk1 etc, but the flag can still be manually set (via database edit) if they are named more verbosely - that's still easier than moving files around.