Icon to identify type of album

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
steveoat87

Icon to identify type of album

Post by steveoat87 »

I used to use Roon, and Muso covers much of what I need.

However, one thing that Roon did that was useful was to provide an Icon identifying the type of album, i.e., SACD, Box Set, Hi-Rez, remaster, etc. Possibly a drop list that the user can choose. I 'm sure others have their preference.

Is this a possibility with in Muso?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Icon to identify type of album

Post by musoware »

If you could provide an example screenshot of the kind of thing you mean, I don't have Roon to play with.
Ed Howarth

Post by Ed Howarth »

I use tags for this. Not your usual tags but the little "flags" that are in the Tools/Options/Tags menu.
steveoat87

Post by steveoat87 »

Here are some examples:
Attachments
Remaster Example.JPG
Remaster Example.JPG (16.04 KiB) Viewed 17109 times
Hi-Rez Example.JPG
Hi-Rez Example.JPG (26.1 KiB) Viewed 17109 times
Hi-Rez Example 2.JPG
Hi-Rez Example 2.JPG (21.6 KiB) Viewed 17109 times
steveoat87

Post by steveoat87 »

One More Example
Attachments
SACD Example.JPG
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

OK maybe in Muso I could introduce an "Album Badge" field, enterable on the album page or feedable via a tag, then show this as an overlay on the album cover thumbnail. I think I'd have to limit the length, 20 characters maybe. It seems on Roon it's either displayed under the albumcover or on top of it, but I think it would work better on top in Muso as it would be less visible underneath (and that's where I have artist, album name etc).

The other alternative is I do this for the existing album subheader field, if it's 20 characters or less. Would there be any need for both? It seems they serve the same purpose (looking at the "2007 Remaster" example). Album subheader is already enterable on the album page or feedable via a tag.
steveoat87

Post by steveoat87 »

I like the badge idea. A visual is always easier to identify. When you look at the album page, the only way you can see the subheader is if you hover over it. I would like to easily see it while scanning the album page.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Quickest & simplest solution is to use album sub-header, if under (say) 30 characters, on the main albums view only:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (103.24 KiB) Viewed 17098 times
steveoat87

Post by steveoat87 »

I have tried this, but it does not seem to work.

For example, when I use the album sub-header to label a disc SACD, it does not display.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Sorry let me clarify, that was my suggestion for how I could achieve this, and is very much work in progress, I haven't released it yet.