Request to add Recording Engineer and Venue Fields

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
steveoat87

Request to add Recording Engineer and Venue Fields

Post by steveoat87 »

For classical music, I often like to know the venue (i.e. Kingsway Hall) and the recording engineer (i.e. Kenneth Wilkinson). I know you could add this comments, but is there any way these fields could be added when editing? Engineer is also very useful for jazz recordings
MDE

Re: Request to add Recording Engineer and Venue Fields

Post by MDE »

You could use custom tags for this, but they won't be displayed in the album view. If you use MusicBrainz and have the MusicBrainz tags, then you will see a link to MusicBrainz with all the extra info (see post at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=433 - although the example there does not have venue etc. many MB releases do have the info). If you don't use MusicBrainz, then I would strongly recommend it as the best source for all this type of info (an you can add it yourself if it is missing).
If you use my Classical Extras plugin for MusicBrainz Picard (or a home-grown script), you will get all the MB tags and you could put selected info into the album sub-header (but not the album notes unless our esteemed developer decides to provide a tag link for that ;)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Would you expect to import these as tags or input them in Muso? Either way you'd use Muso's custom fields for these. Mark is right that you don't see these in the album view unless you import them as tags and combine them into one of the sub-headers, but even if you use the custom fields alone this will give you the ability to drill down on this metadata via the hierarchy mechanism (eg. show me albums broken down by Venue or by Recording Engineer (or both)).
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

If you use custom tags for this, they will now be displayed in the album view, from 2.6.40