Major Classical Composers: Composition Standardization

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
steveoat87

Major Classical Composers: Composition Standardization

Post by steveoat87 »

I like the way Muso standardizes composers and performers.

For the major composers, is there any way to standardize compositions? For example, Wikipedia lists the compostions of all the major composers. Is there anyway this could be standardized in Muso?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Major Classical Composers: Composition Standardization

Post by musoware »

All custom fields support auto-completion, so if you want to build up your own roster of composition names this should help you do that, and you can add new ones as you go along:
Screenshot (1).png
Of course you won't get this limiting the options by Composer, as you might like, since there's no way Muso can know you are associating any specific custom field with a Composer or any other field, but still it helps keep compositions consistent. The pay-off is that you can then use this custom field in your hierarchical breakdown, eg. get a breakdown by Composer by Work:
byComposerbyWork.PNG
or by Composer by Work by Conductor:
byComposerbyWorkbyConductor.PNG
You might also use track name or group header for work, but these don't support this auto-complete function. Alternatively you might choose to set the work externally in a tagger tool, and I think some of these offer some features which may help keep a roster of standard composition names to choose from.
steveoat87

Post by steveoat87 »

This is interesting.

How would you use an external tagger to do this?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I don't know, I don't use them, but I would think some may have this feature. Perhaps others can suggest one.