Cover art display

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
steveoat87

Cover art display

Post by steveoat87 »

I just posted this in the introduction thread. However, I realize that this might be a better place to post this.

A few issues

When I look at a multidisc box set, all the separate cover art for the individual albums shows. However, when I play the set, the cover art does not change when an album changes. Is this a bug?

Is there any way to customize the album page to add more information?

Also are there plans to add icons to identify things like dsf files, hi rez, etc. I frequently have a low and high resolution copy of an album, and can't distinguish form the two looking at the way things are currently displayed.

steveoat87

musoware
Site Admin

Re: Cover art display

Post by musoware »

Hey Steve, hello and welcome to the Muso community.

I'll have a look at the disk artwork issue - what page are you viewing - the track page or the album page?

You can add more information to an album - just click in the Album Notes field and type in, or paste text, it will even accept HTML markup.

No plans to add icons no, but you can add an album sub-header to distingish special versions of an album.
steveoat87

Post by steveoat87 »

Referring to album page.

How do you add an album sub-header?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

From the Album View hit the Edit Tracks button, highlight the first track, then hit Edit, Album Subheader is on the 2nd tab.

http://musoware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sub-Headers
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

steveoat87 wrote:Referring to album page.
I'm making a change to show a disc-specific image for the playing track on the Now Playing track page, and the screen saver - but I'm not conviced showing it on the album page is correct, the "album" in this case being the multi-disk set.
MDE

Post by MDE »

musoware wrote:but I'm not convinced showing it on the album page is correct, the "album" in this case being the multi-disk set.
I agree - usually the box set has its own cover so that should be on the album page (but with the other images accessible).
steveoat87

Post by steveoat87 »

Yes, the key thing is showing the correct image assigned to the playing track.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Done now as part of 2.6.39 - though have not changed the album page as discussed.