AlbumSubHeader (read more)

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
DuLac

AlbumSubHeader (read more)

Post by DuLac »

I use the AlbumSubHeader a lot filled with all pertaining information I can get on the musicians playing on a given album and details concerning the actual recording(s) session(s).
I have a 24'' display but even on this display the actual tracks often almost disappear due to the extent of text shown. I already changed the font size to a smaller one.
My suggestion is that Muso would allow one to define the number of lines of text to be displayed and if Tag text extends beyond this number of lines a "..Read More" link would then be displayed. If clicked it would either show the remaining text or instead would open a pop up window with the full text in question. What do you think, Jeremy?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: AlbumSubHeader (read more)

Post by musoware »

Why do you not put the extra information into the album notes field?
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Yes, I believe I could do so. However, if something goes terribly wrong I will loose the information as the album notes field is not a tag. On a personal view only, I quite like having the artist name and the album title and some related reading just underneath these. My initial post was more of a suggestion not a request really. Thanks anyway.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I could look into truncating it to a single line with ellipses at the end to indicate that it continues, with some link to expand, and do the same for disk subheader.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I think this could be a good solution as far as I am concerned, provided it is optional. Some other users may want it as it is. Thanks a lot.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'll have a look, not promising anything yet...
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Is this feature request in the pipeline or has it been dropped? Because I use the AlbumSubHeader extensively it would be aesthetically more pleasing if in Album View all entries covered a similar area. As it is a minor recording may have 2 or 3 lines of text whereas an historical session will have lots of text possibly covering dozens of lines.
But Jeremy, I understand nothing has been promised and that is quite alright with me. Thanks anyway.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I've escalated this to look at next.

It is somewhat misusing the intention of album subheader though (I was anticipating nothing more than something like "25th Anniversary Special Edition"). Don't these extra-long subheaders play havoc with the popup information when hovering over an album? I'd still rather encourage you down the path of putting such information in the album notes, if I could make these feedable via a tag?
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I am quite happy with the way the popups behave as it is now! I only spotted a very small problem in Album Browser mode when hovering any album from the two top rows and the two rightmost columns. If the subheader contains lots of text the first line(s) may be truncated.
The only thing I believe could be improved is the way the subheaders are shown by default both in Album Browser and Album Page view modes, as requested. That is them covering all more or less the same real estate until one clicks on a link to be shown more.
I would adhere to your suggestion to put this info in the album notes if it was not for the fact that I already have lots and lots of albums where I used the AlbumSubHeader instead. Even so I still find it quite natural to have some complementary text in prominence just below the names of the artist and his/her/their album.
Attachments
FH.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

OK, I'll see what I can do. I think when the album sub-header is forced to more than one line, it should be placed under all the other info rather than attempting to show it 'in-line'. To my mind it doesn't look right being part of the header, but maybe just beneath would be achievable.