AlbumSubHeader (read more)

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
DuLac

Re: AlbumSubHeader (read more)

Post by DuLac »

Yes, you are right! I did not mention that I start every entry in the AlbumSubHeader with a <br> (HTML code for line break).
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

DuLac wrote:Yes, you are right! I did not mention that I start every entry in the AlbumSubHeader with a <br> (HTML code for line break).
Well the work I do on this won't assume any starting line break, it will just force it to a block element.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'd like to suggest pushing long album subheaders down to the main body of the document, in the scrolling area but at the top of the page to give it due priority. For example:
Suggestion.PNG
(here you can see I've put the album notes in the subheader as well, so we can contrast how prominent it appears).

This way we don't have to worry about expansion or contraction, it will just show the whole subheader. I'd still have to review long album subheaders on:
(a) artist page
(b) hover popup
As I think what it does now with them is unsatisfactory.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

It sounds fine to me. It is intuitive, practical and it would solve my aesthetic concerns! :geek:
Thank you very much.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

2.6.43 includes:
Special handling of long album subheader:
- if it would wrap to 2nd line on album subheader (on album page), put underneath the page header section, at the top of the page.
- if it would wrap to 2nd line on album subheader (on artist page), put underneath the album header section, before the track listing (still visible if tracks collapsed).
- maximum width 225px on popup (ellpises shown to indicate more is available on drilling down to album page)
- double-width field for inputting album subheader on edit tracks window
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Thank you, Jeremy. However, it now seems that the full cover image does not popup when hovering over album thumbnail. This happens both in Album Browser and Album View modes.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'll investigate.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Think I've fixed that in patch 1 (2.6.43.01)