Now Playing - Customizable Sections

Request a new feature to add to Muso, or vote +1/-1 for anyone else's suggestion. Even just a few votes will get it looked into (just one possibly not).
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Now Playing - Customizable Sections

Post by musoware »

blue2 wrote:I'd like to support the request for more album art i.e. front, back and inside including PDF's as downloads now have these.

Thanks
Muso does support showing multiple artwork and pdfs (which are included in the album's folder) from links on the album page - what did you have in mind for making access to these more convenient?
blue2

Post by blue2 »

OK I found the link, however it shows 6 images which I think include those gathered from the internet. I'd like to see only the artwork in the folder unless there isn't any. Maybe you could make the image a scrollable list to see the back and liner notes as the screen space is limited. Nice to have.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

blue2 wrote:OK I found the link, however it shows 6 images which I think include those gathered from the internet. I'd like to see only the artwork in the folder unless there isn't any. Maybe you could make the image a scrollable list to see the back and liner notes as the screen space is limited. Nice to have.
The artwork page already shows only the images in the album folder - but you might be seeing an extra image in there harvested from web lookups. You can prevent it doing this through the options:
Capture.PNG
i.e. untick the option "Copy cached artwork to song folder - named musoCover.jpg", or untick the search for online resources altogether.

I'd still like to see some more specific ideas on how you think the existing album artwork page could be improved. It already allows you to see back cover, liner notes etc zoomed to fill the screen:
liner.PNG
oyvindo

Post by oyvindo »

The "Now Playing" page used to have a list of all tracks on the currently playing CD..... ?
Where did this go?
I'd like to have it back.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

No the Now Playing (Track) page (on clicking the Now Playing link) never had this. You may be thinking of the Now Playing (Album) page, when you click on the cover of the album below the Now Playing link (or click on the album name from the Now Playing (Track) page.
steveoat87

Post by steveoat87 »

I like ideas 4 and 5. 4 is especially useful to Jazz fans. Much of this information is available in the jazz discography (www.jazzdisco.org).

I would also love to display front and back covers.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Re 4 - can't that be achieved by using "performer" tags?
BTW, I'd be interested if jazz fans found my Picard plugin useful (see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=433) - the "artists" tab permits all sorts of customisations.