Jazz and Spoken Word Categories

News and Announcements
musoware
Site Admin

Jazz and Spoken Word Categories

Post by musoware »

Next release I'm planning to add optional Jazz and Spoken Word categories (which will incorporate things like ebooks and podcasts). These will be filterable via icons in the header, and will allow you to specify the genres that make up each category.

Other than convenient filtering, is there any other special processing that anyone would like me to consider for these categories?
DuLac

Re: Jazz and Spoken Word Categories

Post by DuLac »

Record labels played an important role in the prime years of jazz up to the mid Sixties. Each catalogue of all major jazz labels represents in itself an important page in the history of this type of music. Also some major improvements in recording techniques - generally easily identifiable - were achieved by different labels during that period of time. All this to say that I think that the ability to filter a collection by record label, although not an essential feature, would represent a welcome improvement as far as I am concerned.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Jazz and Spoken Word Categories

Post by musoware »

Record Label is already an attribute. See http://musoware.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... te_Mapping

I use it for classical music but it will work for any musical category. It can be selected in the hierarchy view:
Capture.PNG
But to filter by label you have to type it into the filter box.