Maxing out Muso. Period.

Discuss Muso, or get help
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Maxing out Muso. Period.

Post by musoware »

Yeah so working on providing something like this:
Capture.PNG
Quite a few notable exceptions in the default roster - I'll see what I can do to add those in time.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Looks good. I may do the log anyway, as I am using the roster to set the genre and it will catch missing composers before the import. But it's useful to then be able to see who might be missing in Muso as well.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

There's a patch 2.6.56.02 that does that now.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Looks like it doesn't cope with multiple composers per track. All the instances of JSB in the pic below fall into that category. (JSB is in the roster, of course, and is classified correctly where he is the sole composer).
No homeland.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Hmm yeah, when one composer is unregistered it takes any other composers on that track with it in the [none] homeland. We're going beyond checking at track level now, which may get complex, but I may see what I can do with this special case.
MDE

Post by MDE »

OK, I'm entering a whole load of composers in my database. (Rather than write out a log from Picard, I just created a new tag "unrostered_composers" which I can review in Mp3tag).
Hopefully this will reduce the number with "None" in the "Classical Homeland", which I can then look at on a case-by case basis. (Why not use that list in the first place, rather than Mp3tag? Because I need the the options screen open and can't scroll Muso's main screen at the same time ;)). Nevertheless I still hope it is possible to avoid the "homeless by association" problem.

In doing these entries, I have a query about the homeland codes. What is the source of the current codes? It doesn't seem to be the UN 3-letter code.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It's based on what I think is most understandable to most of Muso's English speaking audience, eg. GER rather than DEU, ENG & SCO rather than GBR, etc.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

MDE wrote:Nevertheless I still hope it is possible to avoid the "homeless by association" problem.
Patch released which should handle that now.
MDE

Post by MDE »

That seems to do the trick! There is another little wrinkle, though ;). If you recall, you introduced an ability to add annotations in brackets after artist names in such a way as they would be ignored in sorting - "role attributes" with defined bracket types on the basic config page. I think these need to be stripped when doing the composer lookup, otherwise the composer will not be matched. E.g "Johann Sebastian Bach (Arr.)".
BTW for 3-letter codes, I have used the UN codes for new countries as they seem pretty good (so far) for English-speakers too - e.g GRC - Greece, DNK - Denmark. Looking down the list (https://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/ctycodes.htm) only Switzerland (CHE) struck me as a likely issue, other than the ones discussed. Not sure I know of any Swiss composers.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'll have a look at that wrinkle.