Discuss Muso, or get help
MDE

Re: Maxing out Muso. Period.

Post by MDE »

:cry: That doesn't seem to have fixed it:
Key 1.jpg
The above was with the following import options:
Options 1.jpg
However :) putting the import onto one line (not fully tested with MP3 files yet), does seem to work:
Key 2.jpg
(Import options screen in next post because of limits).

In any case, the combined power of MB & Muso is apparent from the last screen - Like something dramatic in C minor from Beethoven? Here you are... ( I guess I knew S5 and the Pathetique, but not the others)
BTW - minor issue - there seems to be a slight html problem with &qout; not rendering.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Import options for last screen above:
Options 2.jpg
MDE

Post by MDE »

In any case, the combined power of MB & Muso is apparent from the last screen - Like something dramatic in C minor from Beethoven? Here you are... ( I guess I knew S5 and the Pathetique, but not the others)
BTW, just a point to consider in future improvements, its a bit annoying to lose the hierarchy view when you select one of the albums... which work was I going to play...? Maybe I'm getting too old ;)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

MDE wrote::cry: That doesn't seem to have fixed it:
Strange, it worked for me. Maybe send me a muso2.log file for me to check for further errors?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Try 2.6.56 - should have the Classical Homeland and Classical Perriods issues sorted out.
MDE

Post by MDE »

Looks good! I haven't checked 100% but can't see any obvious errors - all the "classical periods" align with , or are immediately adjacent to, the periods I calculate in the Picard plugin.
BTW, I'm thinking of adding a logging function to the plugin which will write a list of any composers found which are not in Muso's classical composers database. Just want to double check that there is nothing in Muso which does (or could do) that, before I put something together.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

No there's nothing in Muso that does that.
MDE

Post by MDE »

I thought maybe I could look for "blank" classical homelands in a hierarchy view, but they don't get listed. (In fact they don't get listed even if there are blank entries in the composer list).
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

MDE wrote:I thought maybe I could look for "blank" classical homelands in a hierarchy view, but they don't get listed. (In fact they don't get listed even if there are blank entries in the composer list).
Funnily enough, I'm looking at that now, as it would useful for me to see which composers don't have a homeland (and by inference aren't in the composer roster).
MDE

Post by MDE »

Yeah, but you don't want to add missing ones automatically to the roster, as it should only be for "classical" composers (whatever the user wants that to mean...)