Muso versus Roon

Discuss Muso, or get help
MDE

Re: Muso versus Roon

Post by MDE »

MDE wrote:I can't see where it says that it will work with squeezebox. Rather it seems that it will have its own multi room solution.
Ah - I see now it will stream to squeezeboxes but replaces LMS.
oyvindo

Post by oyvindo »

MDE wrote: Ah - I see now it will stream to squeezeboxes but replaces LMS.
:shock: What do you mean - ? Does it, or does it not stream to squeezeboxes?

(I filed this question to Roon sales Dep, but they never replied)

Rgds
Viking
MDE

Post by MDE »

As I understand it, it streams to Squeezeboxes (including Squeezelite etc) but not via LMS - it mimics LMS (???) and it requires that LMS is not running in order to avoid contention.
dhallag

Post by dhallag »

Yes it does replace LMS as Roon will send your music to what it calls "End Points" so your Transport, Touch, Boom, etc... There seems to be a heavy community of LMS users. I might try it for a weekend to see how it works. But for the most part, I am pretty happy with Muso -- just wish it was a little more sexy when it comes to displaying what's currently playing and using that to grab content -- this is where it looks like Roon really shines. I use Muso to display what's playing at parties and such and people say it's great, just wish it was a little more modern with some movement to it...
oyvindo

Post by oyvindo »

At parties, I use Kodi which has a very fancy Squeeze Plug-in to show what's playing. It has animated fanart and a flaming background :-)