support for HQplayer

Discuss Muso, or get help
musoware
Site Admin

Re: support for HQplayer

Post by musoware »

OK got 3.8.1, and a development licence now.
Are the hqp-control changes documented?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Just starting to take a look at this again, using 3.8.1. I'm having issues getting the Now Playling info to keep in synch because the --playlist-get parameter through hqp-control is continually returning "error: Premature end of document."

C:\Program Files (x86)\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3>hqp-control localhost --playlist-get
error: Premature end of document.

Raising this in the CA forum thread. For now it seems the Now Playing info may not work until these commands become more stable.

Coming next version: ability to buffer queued tracks to nominated folder (eg. on RAMdisk).
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

2.3.12 is great addition with its ramdisk capability.

Do you think you will be able to add conversion to WAV for FLAC and loss files (MP3) and exclude it for DSD files (DSF, DFF) prior to send to ramdisk?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It's possible, if I can find the appropriate converters. I understand this is what the foobar script does - but doesn't that incur a much longer delay before music starts playing?
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

It's not much of a problem as long as the first song starts playing as it's loaded, while the rest of the playlist is being converted/loaded.

As it is now possible to change HQPlayer's on-the-fly with hqp-control, without restarting, you may think about the possibility of having a setting within a song. For example a sequence of numbers can correspond to HQPlayer' settings and it can be placed into Comment tag or any other tag to your best convenience.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

bibo01 wrote:As it is now possible to change HQPlayer's on-the-fly with hqp-control, without restarting, you may think about the possibility of having a setting within a song.
Do you mean change the config on the fly? Do you know which hqp-control parameter that is?
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

A report from CA user skipspence:

RAM Disk playing is not working for me in SoftPerfekt: Access denied, then muso stops working. Is it that access is denied from HQP ?
Though RAM Disk mounts every time by boot.
When I mount RAM disk anew, then it works. But still can't control Playing Now, play new album, play from new track etc.- no matter from where...
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

musoware wrote:
bibo01 wrote:As it is now possible to change HQPlayer's on-the-fly with hqp-control, without restarting, you may think about the possibility of having a setting within a song.
Do you mean change the config on the fly? Do you know which hqp-control parameter that is?
--set-mode <index>|--set-filter <index>|--set-shaping <index>|--set-rate <index>|

--set-mode switches between PCM <0> and SDM(DSD) <1>

The controls for the settings correspond with the drop down menus on HQPlayerDesktop's interface. These menus are context aware, of course, so what appears in each will depend on which mode you are in (PCM or DSD).

The hqp-control commands --set-mode --set-filter, --set-shaping and --set-rate all accept a number which corresponds to the position the item in question appears in the menu counting from 0 as the first option.

So for example:

--set-mode 1 will select DSD then --set-filter 0 will select poly-sinc. Whereas --set-mode 0 will select PCM, then --set-filter 0 will select "none". set--shaping-0 will select the first ditherer if PCM is the mode or the first Modulator if SDM is the mode.

--set-rate corresponds to the sample rates that are available starting from 0 and again this will depend on which mode is selected and (I guess) the maximum sample rate selectable will be based on the maximum set in HQPlayerDesktop's preferences, which should, of course be within the capabilities of your DAC, as should whether DoP or none is selected for SDM pack in the prefs.

I think I already supplied with the possible parameters for each entry, but if you need, let me know.

EDIT: a comment by Miska
"Overall, it would be better to implement the XML protocol straight into the controlling software whenever possible instead of using hqp-control command line utility. It would probably work better that way."
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

bibo01 wrote:A report from CA user skipspence:

RAM Disk playing is not working for me in SoftPerfekt: Access denied, then muso stops working. Is it that access is denied from HQP ?
Though RAM Disk mounts every time by boot.
When I mount RAM disk anew, then it works. But still can't control Playing Now, play new album, play from new track etc.- no matter from where...
Sorry I missed this. It may be that muso is reporting this error - it's a pre-requisite that the user running muso has write access to the folder specified.
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

musoware wrote:It's possible, if I can find the appropriate converters. I understand this is what the foobar script does - but doesn't that incur a much longer delay before music starts playing?
Can you use ffmpeg for all the necessary formats?
https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-resampler.html
http://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/audio%20types