support for HQplayer

Discuss Muso, or get help
musoware
Site Admin

Re: support for HQplayer

Post by musoware »

sonata wrote:I have not worked out how to attach an image of my settings, so I will enter them as text.

Remote HQPlayer Host: macmini.local
Muso Root Folder: \\macmini.local\Media_Files\Music\
Equivalent HQPlayer Root Folder: /Volumes/Media_Files/Music

I hope this helps.
Thanks.
I have noticed one thing - the Muso folder has a trailing folder separator character but the HQPlayer root folder doesn't - so add / to the end of the latter.
sonata

Post by sonata »

If I do as you suggested :
Muso Root Folder: \\macmini.local\Media_Files\Music\
Equivalent HQPlayer Root Folder: /Volumes/Media_Files/Music/

- If there is no playlist already queued in HQPlayer, then clicking on the PLAY button in Muso operates the PLAY button in HQPlayer, but no tracks are pushed through to HQPlayer. Clicking on the PLAY button in Muso a second time, pauses HQPlayer.
- If there is already a playlist queued in HQPlayer, then clicking on the PLAY button in Muso operates the PLAY button in HQPlayer, and starts playing the tracks queued in HQPlayer, not those queued in Muso.

If I modify the player settings in Muso by removing both trailing slashes:
Muso Root Folder: \\macmini.local\Media_Files\Music
Equivalent HQPlayer Root Folder: /Volumes/Media_Files/Music

I get the same result as above.

Just once, I was able to push tracks through from Muso. I think it was with the settings I first tried. But subsequent attempts failed, even though I made no changes. So it seems possible, but I don't exactly know how.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Check what your paths look like in the muso database - it will depend you you imported them. What path prefix do they have? Are they consistent?

Music Database > Select Columns > tick "File Path"
Then in db view order by the "FullPath" column to easily see whether the path prefixes are consistent.
sonata

Post by sonata »

After following your instructions, I modified the Muso Root Folder to "\\macmini\Media_Files\Music".
Now it is working.

I occasionally find I loose control and get this message "Player error: Unable to read data from transport connection. A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall."
I found I could fix this by re-connecting to HQPlayer.

Thanks for your help.
adol290

Post by adol290 »

Hello,

I am a newbie at muso. Found out about it after reading some posts on the hqplayer forum.

I am confused of how muso and HQplayer work together.

The only way i can get tracks into HQplayer is to drag and drop from muso to HQplayer, and then press play from HQplayer.

Is HQplayer supposed to show up when i press "select" in muso. Only the embedded player appears.

I then installed foobar2000 and it shows up under the "select" tab. I did start HQplayer and foobar2000 after muso.

Update:

I found the answer.

Needed to set it up in Players/Misc tab under option.

Now it shows up.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Hello and welcome - glad you found out how to configure it.