support for HQplayer

Discuss Muso, or get help
maggio

Re: support for HQplayer

Post by maggio »

Hi, I am testing 2.3.17 (05) with HQP 3.8.2.
I have "Disconnected" error on IPAD / Android.
I can scroll Album etc
NowPlaying does't work
Commands Play, Pause, etc don't work
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

maggio wrote:Hi, I am testing 2.3.17 (05) with HQP 3.8.2.
I have "Disconnected" error on IPAD / Android.
I can scroll Album etc
NowPlaying does't work
Commands Play, Pause, etc don't work
You may have had a socket disconnect. Exit muso and send me the hqp.log file please. Did this happen immediately or only after a while?
maggio

Post by maggio »

Hi, second try... now it works.
I tried several times two hours ago and it didn't.
Last edited by maggio on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
bibo01

Post by bibo01 »

Another user report:

It seems to me all it's fluid and speedy, both with remote and ramdisk.
However, if you issue play from remote, there is a problem to access ramdisk.
Without ramdisk worfks fine!!!

It would be useful to add to remote also the filter for file type.

BTW, on the local interface w ramdisk, when one issues play for a song, playback does not start automatically.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

bibo01 wrote:Another user report:

It seems to me all it's fluid and speedy, both with remote and ramdisk.
However, if you issue play from remote, there is a problem to access ramdisk.
Without ramdisk worfks fine!!!

It would be useful to add to remote also the filter for file type.

BTW, on the local interface w ramdisk, when one issues play for a song, playback does not start automatically.
Will look at those issues soon.
EDIT: couldn't find any issue queueing from remote thru buffer folder. Ensure you have write permissions to user running Muso.
- and remote does filter by the filetypes you have pre-selected before you start the server.

How do you "issue play for a song"? Just clicking on a song name enqueues it, it does not force play (unless you control-click to play now)
sonata

Post by sonata »

I am trying to get Muso on a Win10 PC (trial version) to work with HQPlayer running on a Mac Mini, running OS X, not Windows.
I have learnt some things from reading this forum and experimenting.

With HQPlayer installed on the Mac, I can get Muso to connect to HQPlayer. I can also import tracks stored from the Mac Mini, to Muso . But I have not been able to get Muso to play any tracks from it's own queued list - but Muso can play whatever tracks are already queued up as a playlist in HQPlayer. The basic player controls work, but only for an existing playlist in HQPlayer.

Next I installed HQPlayer on a spare Win7 PC. Muso does play selected tracks or Albums that it has queued. Clearing the queued tracks in Muso, clears the playlist in HQPlayer also. I can then create another queued list in Muso, which is reflected in HQPlayer. So it all appears to work as I expected from what I have read. I have also got the Remote feature working.

So it seems to me this is a Mac OS X specific problem. Can you please help me to get Muso to control HQPlayer on OS X?

Rob
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I think this points to a possible issue in your equivalence path for remote HQPlayer. Could you post a screenshot of what you have set under the Tools -> Options / Players tab?
sonata

Post by sonata »

I have not worked out how to attach an image of my settings, so I will enter them as text.

Remote HQPlayer Host: macmini.local
Muso Root Folder: \\macmini.local\Media_Files\Music\
Equivalent HQPlayer Root Folder: /Volumes/Media_Files/Music

I hope this helps.
Thanks.
sonata

Post by sonata »

Your response prompted me to try something. I changed the Muso Root Folder to "\\macmini.local\Media_Files\Music"
I then enqueued an album and clicked on PLAY in Muso.
This resulted in tracks being entered in the playlist panel of HQPlayer.
I then clicked on the PLAY button in Muso, and the tracks played in HQPlayer.
However once I cleared this playlist and tried to repeat the process with a different album, it failed.
In HQPlayer, the PLAY button was highlighted, indicating it was activated by Muso, but no tracks are pushed through to HQPlayer from Muso.
So I still need help.

I would also appreciate help with inserting an image file in my post. When I click on the button to insert an image and include the location of the image, I get this text ...
[img]/Users/rob/Desktop/Player_Settings.png[/img]
And when I preview the post, it does not show the image, only the reference to it's location.
sonata

Post by sonata »

I have found the log file and include it here in case it helps.
In this case below, Muso initiated playing in HQPlayer of a completely different track than was queued to play. It seems to me that the URI is not correct.

11:12:29.85 Connected to TCP socket host=macmini.local port=4321
11:12:29.88 Start TCP Writer
11:12:29.89 Start TCP Reader
11:12:29.95 ** Initialise reader
11:12:29.97 SEND: Status
11:12:30.02 RECV: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Status state="1" track="52" min="0" sec="43" clips="0"/>
11:12:30.17 SEND: PlaylistGet
11:12:33.24 Response Timeout
11:12:58.85 SEND: PlaylistAdd with attribute uri=//MACMINI/Media_Files/Music/John Denver/The Essential John Denver (2011)/12 - Sunshine_On_My_Shoulders.flac
11:13:01.92 Response Timeout
11:13:02.14 SEND: PlaylistAdd with attribute uri=//MACMINI/Media_Files/Music/k.d. lang/Recollection, Disc 1/08 k.d. lang - Summerfling.flac
11:13:05.21 Response Timeout
11:13:05.42 SEND: PlaylistAdd with attribute uri=//MACMINI/Media_Files/Music/John Farnham/Then Again/07 - Treated This Way.flac
11:13:08.49 Response Timeout
11:13:20.71 SEND: Play
11:13:23.76 Response Timeout
11:13:43.29 SEND: Play
11:13:46.34 Response Timeout
11:13:46.76 Dispose
11:13:46.76 ** Exception in HQplayer poller: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.
11:13:46.87 at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadLine()
at MP3db.HQPlayer.listener_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
11:13:46.89 Dispose