Post your top rated albums thread!

It's all about the music
Morbeas

Post your top rated albums thread!

Post by Morbeas »

Post your top rated albums! My wife rates her music as well (I wish LMS had user profiles!) so some of her albums are also in here. Oh well... ;)
Attachments
TOPRATEDALBUMS.jpg
TOPRATEDALBUMS.jpg (185.94 KiB) Viewed 21062 times
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Post your top rated albums thread!

Post by musoware »

My 8 year old son is a big Metallica fan - his mum took him to see them in Prague last year with her Viking father, it was full of old rockers (some others with kids!) but it was a good atmosphere, with lots of friendly people offering my son earplugs :)

I'm more of a Pink Floyd fan!
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

LOL, yeah I'm a HUGE Metallica fan as you can see. I dragged my wife for their Orion music festival in Atlantic City back in June and she had a blast. It was like you described, more of a family atmosphere with a bunch of old rockers like me. We had a great time. :D

As for Floyd, they're on another level alltogether! I can name a few bands right off the top of my head that sound just like The Beatles or The Stones or The Eagles etc etc but I can't name a single band that is anything like Floyd. They're brilliant...period. If I was told I could only have one album, Dark Side might very well be it.

Music is very personal of course. With some songs it's not even the actual music itself but what it reminds you of. Whether that's a person or a place or even a certain smell. How can you not love music?! 8-)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Favourite album per year of my life (achieved via a Muso Tag, then Year Cloud view):
Years.JPG
Years.JPG (139.66 KiB) Viewed 21039 times
(EXCLUDES CLASSICAL ALBUMS)
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Whoa I like that! Please divulge the details! :)
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

You still haven't told me how to accomplish this!
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I just used the "Nostalgic" tag, renamed it to "Best album of the year" (optional), then:
- switch to Year cloud view (with albums ordered by Album Score)
- "pin" the tag by right-clicking on it (not a widely known feature)
- open each year and right-click & tag my favourite album of that year (normally the one with the highest score but not always)
- once you have tagged one album in each year unpin the tag and then just select it normally - so you then get one album shown under each year
- expand all the years and reduce the album size so it only shows the cover (optional) - you could equally use the gallery view ordered by year here which would avoid having to expand all the years in cloud view individually
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Woohooo, got it working, thank you!
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It's not an easy task to choose just one each year - some years you have to discard some dearly loved albums, other years it's hard to find even one you like!
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

Yup, which is exactly why I made it a point to just select the highest rated one. :)