Options for the Category Tags

Requests that have been discussed but rejected (or just parked for now) are archived here.
DuLac

Options for the Category Tags

Post by DuLac »

I think it could make sense if Tags could be made either Mutually Exclusive or Cumulative, independently for each Category.
As an example I rate my music from 0 to 9. It does not make sense to be able to rate any track or record with something like 5 stars, 6 stars and 9 stars, simultaneously. In my case, the same may not be true with the Scenarios where a given album may well be categorized as Personal, Snooze, Night Music and Romantic, all at the same time. What do you think?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Options for the Category Tags

Post by musoware »

Yes currently a track may have multiple tags applied in the same category. Are you asking for a change where you can turn a category into a mutually exclusive category so you can only select one tag from that set?

But if as per your example you using tags for 0 stars to 9 stars, why not just use a rating?

http://musoware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tags
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Yes, I could very well use a rating. However,I thought that rating from 1 to 5 was a bit too limiting. That was why I start using a category from 0 to 9. But this is my approach only and, as you said, Muso already as built-in ratings.
Please disregard my suggestion.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Muso supports half-star ratings so you actually get values 0 to 10. Click on the last full star again to change it to a half-star. You can now apply a rating to the album as a whole if track-level rating is too granular.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Thanks that will help me in the future.