playlists?

Requests that have been discussed but rejected (or just parked for now) are archived here.
firedog

playlists?

Post by firedog »

Support for playlists? m3u or something similar.

Thanks
musoware
Site Admin

Re: playlists?

Post by musoware »

You mean to import & see these as a browsing entity, and even a means to create & edit them?
firedog

Q

Post by firedog »

musoware wrote:You mean to import & see these as a browsing entity, and even a means to create & edit them?
no just the ability for the software to read a playlist already existing and to load the songs into its queue. Lots of existing software will make playlists/smartlists from songs in a library, I'm not expecting you to also add that (keep it simple for you).
I got the idea from HQ Player which does that. I made playlists in JRiver and then copied just the playlists themselves(m3u8 files) to the playlist folder in HQP. Now I can call them up and listen to them from HQP whenever I want, or delete them/add new ones.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It's slightly at odds with the design philosophy of Muso, in which the album is the driving entity, but I can appreciate that some people have put some effort into creating playlists, so will consider it. Do you have any suggestions in how Muso could present playlists once they are scanned? Show them like albums perhaps with the ability to drill down to the tracks?
firedog

Post by firedog »

musoware wrote:It's slightly at odds with the design philosophy of Muso, in which the album is the driving entity, but I can appreciate that some people have put some effort into creating playlists, so will consider it. Do you have any suggestions in how Muso could present playlists once they are scanned? Show them like albums perhaps with the ability to drill down to the tracks?
Yes, that's pretty much what I was thinking. That the playlist could show up in a list like an album does. Thanks for considering it.