Importing from a Specific Folder

Requests that have been discussed but rejected (or just parked for now) are archived here.
DuLac

Importing from a Specific Folder

Post by DuLac »

When importing from a specific folder - in my case \SBS IP\file\music\flac - I would find it practical if I could select more than one folder at a time using the standard <Shift> or <Ctrl> keys. Maybe you can integrate it in a future release ;)
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Importing from a Specific Folder

Post by musoware »

I looked into this but I'm afraid it's not that practical - it doesn't make sense to choose folders that aren't siblings, and if you want to do that you may as well choose the single parent folder.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

OK. Thank you anyway.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Sorry to get back to this previous request of mine.
A couple of weeks ago I (unwisely ) changed a couple of things in my import tags action rules. I ended up with all information in the Comments tag being imported twice and concatenated. A mess, really! I did not notice it until yesterday. If I had the possibility to jointly select all folders created after a given date the update and correction of the offending records would be fast and easy. As it is I had to do a full import from my music folder which took something like 20 hours. is there a better approach?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

The only way I can think of is to temporarily move all the sub-folders you DON'T want re-scanned somewhere, then scan the parent folder, then move the sub-folders you moved back again.
I will look again at the possibility of selecting multiple folders, but I'm still not sure it's practical.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Yes, thank you. Your suggestion would have made the trick! I should have asked for help before starting the full import. :roll:
If my suggestion is technically feasible one could either import one single folder - as it is nowadays - or multiple folders using the Windows standard key combination for multiple selections (ALT or CTRL + right mouse click).
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I did look into it again, I'm using a 3rd party component for the folder picker that taps into the Windows API and it doesn't have the option of selecting multiple folders, and neither does any other component available. Multiple files is standard but not multiple folders, I'm guessing there's no real use-case for it.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Thanks a lot for trying anyway.