Populate sorting directly from tags

Feature requests that have been implemented will be filed here.
MDE

Re: Populate sorting directly from tags

Post by MDE »

I have made some good, but not quite complete progress on this. If you look at http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=18096 you will see that LMS has been fixed to recognise COMPOSERSORT, CONDUCTORSORT and BANDSORT. The remaining problem is what to do about PERFORMER/SOLOIST. I had hoped to use the LMS contributor#6 (TRACKARTIST) for this, but it does not necessarily get its own sort key. Furthermore, while the sort key issue can be fixed with a simple patch, it seems that in some circumstances LMS updates this field internally, making it an unwise choice for a custom tag. The LMS behaviour is a bit clunky, but unlikely to be fixed.
That seems to leave two ways of getting sort keys into Muso for the Performer/Soloist:
(1) Use ALBUMARTIST tag for the Muso Artist field and ARTIST tag for the Muso Performer field. If a Muso Album Artist is also required then that could be done via a custom tag (say MUSOALBUMARTIST) and import action. This is a bit unattractive, potentially confusing for the user and requires three import actions. It may be semantically equivalent to the way iTunes handles these fields (?) but I prefer the Muso usage.
(2) Have Muso pick up the sort key for PERFORMER/SOLOIST when getting the main field from the LMS Custom Scan plugin. The customscan_track_attributes table in persist.db has the columns "attr" with the tag name (e.g. PERFORMER), value and valuesort. Provided the Custom Tag settings have been set to use the relevant tags and set to match the relevant sort tags to them, the customscan_track_attributes table should provide the required data to merge with the data from the contributor table. The only question is what to do with any duplicates (e.g. main table to over-ride?).
Thoughts?
MDE

Post by MDE »

Not sure that relying on Custom Scan is a good idea - see post at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94&start=10
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Sort Import from tags is now implemented.