Remote HQPlayer

Feature requests that have been implemented will be filed here.
musoware
Site Admin

Remote HQPlayer

Post by musoware »

If any HQPlayer users would like the ability to drive one or more HQPlayer instances which are hosted on a different machine to Muso - be it windows, Mac or Linux - please comment here. If even a small number of users need the change, I'll do by best to get it done. If you could indicate how many remote players you might want to drive, that may help (it's easiest just to support 1 local player +1 remote player).

This may also help the HQPlayer users that like to run their instance on a Windows Server Core box - Muso can't run on Server Core since .NET isn't (fully) supported. So then you could have Muso running on a full windows box connected to HQPlayer on Server Core - though this extra box may prove a deal-breaker for some, especially if they only want to use Muso to act as a server in order to provide a remote control for HQPlayer.
bibo01

Re: Remote HQPlayer

Post by bibo01 »

I would like that.
For example, I would like to run Muso on a Windows notebook and connect to HQPlayer on a Linux system.

BTW, the fact that you may not get replies is not indicative that users would not use/like/appreciate such feature. In my view most users do not see/read your message offer.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'll point the thread on the HQPlayer board to here - thanks.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

In 2.5.15:
Allow remote HQPlayer to be configured (in Options/Players)
- you will need to turn on "Allow control from network" in HQPlayer
- you will need to configure firewall rules to allow communication (port 4321)
- all media file paths used by Muso must also be valid for HQPlayer host (i.e. UNC path or common drive mapping)
- if "buffer folder" used it must be a path recognised by both Muso and HQPlayer hosts (HQPlayer users can tell me whether this is an issue)
- "muso-specific config" not used - this config is for local HQPlayer only
ted_b

Post by ted_b »

Thanks so much for the remote HQplayer web browser. Two questions:
1) Will multichannel content work (I assume so)?
2) Is there a way to get the thumbnail grid cover art view rather than a columnar view of everything?

Thx
Ted