Full Screen Mode

Feature requests that have been implemented will be filed here.
Ed Howarth

Re: Full Screen Mode

Post by Ed Howarth »

When I saw this request I thought, mmm.... But it is brilliant! A real improvement. Thanks.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

Great addition! Love it! Thank you both.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I know what the next request will be - allow you to exit the app in this mode, then restart full-screen.
RichG

Post by RichG »

musoware wrote:I know what the next request will be - allow you to exit the app in this mode, then restart full-screen.
:D
oyvindo

Post by oyvindo »

Hi, I tried the Full Screen View today (never tried it before), but I could not figure out how to control playback, volume etc.
The Media keys on my keyboard does nothing with Muso, but they work just fine with Windows Mediaplayer.
Does Muso have a set of keyboard shortcuts that can be used to control these things?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

The upper and left panels should appear if you move the mouse to the top and left of the screen.
oyvindo

Post by oyvindo »

It does work (but how was I to know?). Again - this is another example of functions/features which are fine, but very Muso "proprietary". Whenever you have a choice between doing GUI-things the way everyone else does, and your own way, my wish is; Please choose the "main route" even though you may think that your own is "genious". You may think that I'm a stupid user, but trust me, I work with UX for a living, and I know; Most people do have a hard time remembering even the most basic things.
Anyway, I love Muso - and now, the top item on my wish list is to have keyboard shortcuts for the most frequently used functions (whether Muso is running in full screen or not).
Why?
Because I wish to be able to control Muso from a Logitech Harmony remote, and I do not know of any other way. Besides, making a Multimedia Player able to respond to "Multimedia keys" makes perfect sense to me. Should you ever decide to implement a set of keyboard shortcuts, please (again) don't make up your own set.... choose something already available as a de-facto standard (look to the big guys). Even if what they do sometimes sucks, being a copycat, saves you both time and money, and will eventually win users. No reason to invent the wheel again.

Keep up the good work :-)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Could I ask you to add the media keys requirement to the feature requests? (with a little more detail perhaps - though I think I know what you mean)
Demerara

Post by Demerara »

I am stuck in full screen mode and the top edge mouse-over does not bring up the toolbar.

How do I get this back to normal screen mode?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I found this today too. Fix is imminent. For now move the mouse to the bottom edge of the newest albums toolbar and the other toolbar should pop up.