Collapsable tree view

Feature requests that have been implemented will be filed here.
oyvindo

Collapsable tree view

Post by oyvindo »

Hi,
When I open the "Music Database" and select "Group by Album", each album list can be collapsed by clicking the minus (-) symbol. This is fine, but I wish there was a way to collaps them all at once. When hunting for a small number of files or albums, scrolling is much more efficient in a collapsed view - just like using explorer tree on a harddrive. But collapsing almost 9000 albums one-by-one takes forever.
Could you add an upper level master minus (-) sign that would collaps the whole tree and just show album names?
Capture.JPG
rgds
Oyvind
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Collapsable tree view

Post by musoware »

If you right-click on the "Group By Album" checkbox there is actually a Collapse All / Expand All menu - but be warned if you have a large unfiltered grid this does take quite a while - I'll see if I can make it faster.
oyvindo

Post by oyvindo »

Great! But why hide essential commands like that - in a non-Windows fashion when you can do things the standard Windows GUI way?

Having said that, there seems to be a bug with the "Collapse All" command as it makes Muso hang. I left the spinning wheel for 1,5hours before I decided to terminate Muso from Task Manager as it failed to respond to any command. Then after restarting fresh and trying the same thing all over, it hangs again. Perhaps you could look into this. (I thought perhaps I had to expect a delay because i have so many albums, but 1,5 hours or more is a bit too much).
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I may redesign the UI - but the new Beta version just released (2.5.02) should speed up the collapse all. It wasn't hung, it was just taking a very very long time - the new version is almost instant.
oyvindo

Post by oyvindo »

So true! Instant!! :-)