Muso as a front-end for a batch file

Feature requests that have been implemented will be filed here.
grunter

Muso as a front-end for a batch file

Post by grunter »

Hi, I've found Muso when I used Hqplayer as player, now a friend of mine has written a very optimized player for our dac (Merging Hapi). This player has no api (only text mode) and is launched by a batch file. I'd like to be able to use Muso with it. The batch file is already the default program associated with flac and dsf files. I'd like to use Muso only as a frontend, and I'd like if I could launch the batch file for my player simply double clicking on a music file in Muso. Do you think it could be possible?
In other words for me it could be sufficient to do a double click on a music file in Muso and use Muso as a an alternative to a file manager (a file manager with tag abilities).
Thanks.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Muso as a front-end for a batch file

Post by musoware »

This might be possible yes - but if we rely on the default windows action for the filetypes it will presumably just add it to a playlist, there won't be any way of clearing the playlist (on Play Now from muso), or next/prev track, volume changes etc - and obviously no feedback of Now Playing info.

Would it be possible to send me the player and batch script?

By the way Muso supports dragging of albums or tracks to a player (it doesn't have to be the selected player) - perhaps that might work for you even now (if the player supports file drop operations).
grunter

Post by grunter »

musoware wrote:This might be possible yes - but if we rely on the default windows action for the filetypes it will presumably just add it to a playlist, there won't be any way of clearing the playlist (on Play Now from muso), or next/prev track, volume changes etc - and obviously no feedback of Now Playing info.

Would it be possible to send me the player and batch script?

By the way Muso supports dragging of albums or tracks to a player (it doesn't have to be the selected player) - perhaps that might work for you even now (if the player supports file drop operations).

Thanks for your answer.
I ask the author of the player to send you a copy of his program. Actually it doesn't works without other dac than Merging Hapi, so you couldn't really have any sound without Merging Hapi.
This player doesn't permit a playlist, only one file at once, so there are no playlilst.
We are not interested in Now Playing info, only in using Muso as a file manager that could use tags and read a music database.
Yes, this player supports drag and drop, how could I use Muso in this way?
Thanks.
Last edited by grunter on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

grunter wrote: Yes, it supports drag and drop, how could I use Muso in this way?
Well just drag an album or track from Muso into your player and it will drop the files - though if Player only handles one track at a time the album option probably won't work, but you should still be able to drag a single track at a time (from album view, artist view, or the database editor).
grunter

Post by grunter »

For the moment this Player is in beta and my friend prefers not to release it before the final version, but I could send you the batch file wich I use to launch the player.
Thanks.
Is it possible for Muso to use pass the selected song in Muso to this external batch? Thanks.
Last edited by grunter on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Check out version 2.3.30 - first turn on the option for "Default Player" in Options / Players, then select Default Player in the available players, then when any track is played Muso will invoke the windows default action for a filetype - so if .dsf and .flac types are configured to call your script, that's what they should do.
grunter

Post by grunter »

Thank you!
I'll try it as soon as I can.
Great Support!
grunter

Post by grunter »

It works.
Thank you!
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

grunter wrote:It works.
Thank you!
Good to know, thanks. Presumably your player doesn't handle song playlists yet, so playing an album as a whole isn't really an option.
grunter

Post by grunter »

musoware wrote:
grunter wrote:It works.
Thank you!
Good to know, thanks. Presumably your player doesn't handle song playlists yet, so playing an album as a whole isn't really an option.
Yes, my player actually could only play one track at once. But for me it is sufficient to use Muso as a "tag searcher" inside the music db.
Could I ask you how to force Muso to do a re"scan" of all the music folders?