Search functions

Feature requests that have been implemented will be filed here.
4est

Search functions

Post by 4est »

I am using Muso as a front end to HQPlayer and am enjoying it. My biggest complaint is the lack of a search bar on the main window (not a remote) or second set of alpha-numeric filters. I use a touch screen monitor with a large library and it would make things SO much easier. There appears to be space right next to the remote button that would be perfect for this!

Since I am here, it would be nice if there was a "insert/play next in cue" feature a well. I realize this is album centric, but I tend to cue up multiple albums and tracks for say a dinner or when guests are over, and it would be nice to be able to pop in a requested album or track without losing the entire playlist.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Search functions

Post by musoware »

In the main desktop interface the filter/search box in in the left panel, but I imagine you've seen that - so maybe I'm misunderstanding your requirement.

Play Next facility is limited at the moment to the players whose API allows the playlist to be controlled in that way (eg. Squeezebox players) - I'll review it but when I implemented HQPlayer I believe that wasn't possible through their API.
4est

Post by 4est »

Yes there is a search function in the left panel, but that searches everything. What I am looking for is an additional filter within "sorted by" filters. The alpha-numeric buttons on the left auto filter #, a, b, c and then a second for the second letter. Hit B, then E and Beth Orton, The Be Good Tanyas and The Beatles are displayed. Alternately, a search bar at the top, especially if it auto filters per keystroke without needing to press enter- I am not sure what the proper term is.

Type b and it would be like clicking the B on the left and sort by album displays all B's
Type be and The Beautiful South, The Beatles and Beth Orton show up
Type bea and we have The Beatles and The Beautiful South ect...

Maybe I use the program differently than others, but it seems like a basic feature for a program such as this. Presently I have to scroll through pages to get to some stuff. I have a large 7k+ library, and may want to listen to Jolie Holland, but not sure about the album. Presently I have to swipe past quite a few Johns to do so. To use the left panel it requires the same amount of 3 gestures plus keystrokes.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Think I see what you mean - while I'd just type "Holland" in the filter box, on a tablet you want a way to just tap the first letter, then the second, etc, without having to bring up the keyboard - is that right?
4est

Post by 4est »

That is correct. In many instances, two letters is all I need to get within a page. Pivot is almost great, but it seems to stumble and/or feel a bit clunky. I should revisit it more perhaps. I should add that my keyboard responds awkwardly as well. Opening the keyboard closes the left pane, and typically it is closed. All in all it is doable, but that second sort button would make it far simpler for me.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

This should be there for you now, in 2.3.26.

It may give quirky results in some instances, for example since I have artist "B-52s" it's showing "B-" as the second character filter rather than "B5".
All numeric prefixes are grouped under the entry "#" - so here I use the second layer to allow the initial digit to be selected "1", "2", etc.
For artists sort, all compilations are under the entry "*" - so here I'm putting the first character of the album name as the second layer.