Flexible Tag Mapping

Feature requests that have been implemented will be filed here.
Morbeas

Re: Album release version

Post by Morbeas »

It just doesn't look right like this.
Attachments
Clipboard09.jpg
Clipboard09.jpg (64.67 KiB) Viewed 26536 times
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Morbeas wrote:Thank you so much! But can I have the release info in parenthesis please? (I know, the nerve!). :)
I can't hard-code that since it may not suit others. This is why we need the formatting control in the configuration I think.
How are you getting this in there? I thought your release info was in the standard Comment tag.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

musoware wrote:How are you getting this in there? I thought your release info was in the standard Comment tag.
It is in the standard COMMENT tag.
Attachments
Clipboard09.jpg
Clipboard09.jpg (54.31 KiB) Viewed 26531 times
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Morbeas wrote:
musoware wrote:How are you getting this in there? I thought your release info was in the standard Comment tag.
It is in the standard COMMENT tag.
That's probably OK for FLAC tags, but not for id3v2tags where comment is not a custom/extended tag.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

I don't do MP3. ;)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

That's OK for you then! I still want to do my Import Actions idea - basically it's just turning the existing custom tag mechanism round so that it is driven by the Muso Track field - so this column would be first, Tag ID would be renamed "Format Value" and in here you'd have "[BONUS]" for the first and "([COMMENT])" for the second - the items in square brackets just tell it to fetch the custom tag of that ID - this will then put brackets around your comment and store the result in Album Subheader. I'd allow standard fields to be referred to with a different syntax in the format value.
Morbeas

Post by Morbeas »

You know I'm game, bub. Sounds good to me!
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Flexible Tag Mapping

Post by musoware »

MERGED 3 TOPICS INTO ONE - all 3 are related. I am implementing import actions as described above as an extended replacement for custom tag mappings.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

1.5.24 has this change:
Custom Tag mechanism changed to Import Actions (which incorporates custom tags)
  • custom tags prefixed by #, eg. #BONUS (spaces in tag IDs not currently supported)
  • standard fields to be copied into target field prefixed by @, eg. @AlbumArtist (these available via autocomplete)
  • can add fixed text, eg. (@Comment) copies standard comment field into target field and surrounds with brackets
  • "Conditional" checkbox only applies rule if all inputs (custom tags and field references) are non-blank, this is important for the (@Comment) example above since we do not want () in the target field when there is no comment.
  • Actions are applied in the order defined (can be important).
  • Can now define "Tags are Master" as an option to specify that tags will overwrite Muso field values even if the Muso field value exists and is different.
It should convert any existing custom tag configurations to the new Action mechanism when you first run the new version. Please feed back any issues, comments, problems etc with this functionality in this thread.
MDE

Post by MDE »

That seems to work nicely. Now I can map "Arranger" into "Performer" as "(Arr. Arranger's name)".
Am I right in assuming that only one tag should be included in each format value?