Windows 10: PC Won't Go to Sleep Mode....

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
DuLac

Windows 10: PC Won't Go to Sleep Mode....

Post by DuLac »

My Windows 10 PC won't go to Sleep Mode if Muso is running. It does not matter if I have the screen saver option on or off. It also does not matter if the PC tries to enter sleep mode after the set time or if I specifically try to enter sleep mode using the keyboad/mouse option. I have dual monitors that go to sleep alright but the actual machine keeps on running. However, if I exit Muso I have no issues with sleep mode.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10: PC Won't Go to Sleep Mode....

Post by musoware »

That's almost certainly down to the screensaver, but turning off the auto-screensaver should reverse it - I'll check it out, thanks.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Turning off the automatic screensaver AND restarting muso should cure it, but I'll see what I can do to make it happen without the restart, or even add an option not to disable sleep (some may want or expect it to).
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

You're right. When I turned the automatic screensaver off first time I did not restart muso and the pc would not enter sleep mode. Now that I've followed your instructions the problem has disappeared.
However, I really like the screensaver in auto mode. I also like to set the pc in sleep mode at the end of the day without exiting Muso and other programas that I constantly use. Unless you find a solution it seems I cannot have it the way I would like. It is a very minor thing though.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

So you'd like Muso screensaver to override the windows screensaver and screen blanking, but NOT the sleep/hibernate settings. I cannot promise I can make it do that but I'll try.

EDIT: Looks like I can make it allow MANUAL sleep, but the windows setting I'm using to prevent the windows screensaver kicking in or the screen blanking will also prevent a TIMED sleep.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Is in 2.6.08 - allows manual sleep now.
DuLac

Post by DuLac »

I like to be able to suspend my machine and later resume operation exactly where I left it. With Ver-2.6.08 I can now do exactly that. Thank you, Jeremy.