Muso Filter and Genre Tag

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
sonata

Muso Filter and Genre Tag

Post by sonata »

It seems that Muso’s filter feature does not support some ID3 Genre Tags.

For example I have some files tagged as Genre: Folk/Rock. They appear in the database correctly, but when I click on the Filter drop-down menu, there is no option for "Genre: Folk/Rock". Likewise I have other files tagged as R&B, Reggae, Rock/Pop, Rock & Roll, Choral, Blues and Acappella, for which there is no Genre option.

Is there a solution to this or do I need to modify the file tags? I would rather not do this.

I have looked at the Option “Import Actions / Custom Fields”, and suspect this may help me. But I cannot understand how to use this option. Can you help please?
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Muso Filter and Genre Tag

Post by musoware »

Well as you said they are importing correctly. To keep the filter presets manageable it only adds the most common genres to the picklist, but this doesn't stop you typing in other genres (prefix with Genre: to limit to genres only).
sonata

Post by sonata »

Jeremy, thank you for that information, it was helpful.

I have now been able to create a filter for multiple genres by manually entering the appropriate text into the Filter field. This playlist is then pushed to HQPlayer installed on a Mac Mini on the same network.

One thing I have noticed - the applied filter is rarely effected in the Database view. I need to be in the Album Gallery view to see the results of the applied filter. Is this a bug?

Thanks again, Rob
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

There's a tickbox on the DB view to say whether any current filter is applied to that view.
sonata

Post by sonata »

Yes I saw that, but it is already ticked.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

In that case, could you send me a screenshot illustrating the problem?
sonata

Post by sonata »

Jeremy,

I installed muso on a second PC to try this out. The same problem occurred when in the Database view, but not all the time. Next time it occurred I switched to the Album Gallery view, cleared the queued list, then clicked on the Wand again. Now the queued playlist correctly reflected the chosen genre. Each time I can resolve the problem by switching to the Album Gallery view.
Here is a screen dump of the problem. The queued tracks are definitely not "country".

Hope this helps,
Rob
Attachments
Muso Screen copy.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Oh so it's not that the DB view doesn't apply the filtered genre (it looks from your screenshot like it does), but that the magic wand doesn't (when you are in DB view)? Trouble is I can't seem to reproduce that, so there may still be something I'm missing - did you type in Genre:Country or pick it off the filter presets?
sonata

Post by sonata »

Yes that is correct - the Magic Wand does not apply the filtered results of the current filter preset. Instead it continues to apply the results for the previous filter preset. And it happens when I select the preset from the list.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Try as I might I can't seem to reproduce that - you definitely queued the tracks AFTER applying the filter yes?