Last FM information not showing

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
RichG

Last FM information not showing

Post by RichG »

Hi,

Not a masive deal but, I've been noticing for a while that Last FM information frequently isn't being shown for albums. I've not seen any pattern but some albums it displays fine, many others do not show 'Similar Artists' and even more don't show any Last FM info at all.
Occasionally hitting refresh a couple of times helps, but usually not.

Thanks.

Debug Log for album not showing any Last FM info:- http://pastebin.com/SgbnHiXu
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Last FM information not showing

Post by musoware »

Maybe the lastfm API service was down for a while, it's working for me now. Could you try again?
RichG

Post by RichG »

Sorry, I should have been more clear. When I said 'a while' I meant it's been on going for a number of weeks, not just hours :)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'm not sure the log file actually captures the last.fm lookup. What it does capture is events like this:

03:< 32.286> GetLastFMAlbumData for The Notwist/Close To The Glass days=30
03:< 32.286> . used cached data lengths 0,0,0,0

The days=30 bit means that it only checks for modified content for an artist or album every 30 days. Under 30 days from the last lookup then it uses the cached data from the last lookup, even if that returned no data (as in this case). So we can only really tell if the last.fm service is working if you import a new artist or album into Muso, then look at the logs. But I did that yesterday and the lookups did return data.
RichG

Post by RichG »

I've just been looking at a couple of freshly added albums and I'm seeing the same problem, no Last Fm info. I've checked in InternetExplorer and I can view the albums directly in that, but nothing in Muso.

Is there perhaps a timeout or something that could have an influence? Last FM doesnt seem particulary quick to come up, yet Muso renders the album data very quickly.

Also, is there a way of clearing the cached LastFM data so I can check what's happening with other albums? There doesnt seem to be an obvious cache folder for this.

Thanks.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I've just tested a few lookups again and they seem to be working fine.

Check your proxy settings in IE (since .net uses IE's engine) - I have noticed in the past that the Amazon lookups can take aeons if you have a proxy set up, and since it does the Amazon lookup first it might not be getting to the subsequent last.fm lookups.

I don't have a mechanism built in for clearing the data cache for an album no, but I'll have a think about putting one in.

I have just made a build 2.2.09 since your log alerted me to an issue with last.fm lookups not covering an album's "other contributers" - but I don't think this was your issue.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Ok thanks.

Checked IE and no proxy set up there so that's not the issue. WIll check my firewall / virus software and see if that's having any influence and I'll check on my office machine upstairs and see if that behaves better.

Otherwise, not to worry. As I said it's not a deal breaker :)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Actually the album context menu option "Clear Artwork" should clear the data caches.
RichG

Post by RichG »

OK I'll give that a try ....
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

You might like to install telerik's "Fiddler" to see exactly what web requests are going out (from Muso or any other program) and the responses received.

http://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler