Connection Failed disk i/o error

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
Peter S

Connection Failed disk i/o error

Post by Peter S »

All was working well until I upgraded to the latest version. I discovered that Muso had lost my 'Music Source' settings which I re-entered with your instructions in the Vortexbox Wiki.
The connection to the database is fine but I can't establish connection to SQL Lite. It originally couldn't find the squeezebox .db location & when I checked smb.conf the definition was missing - I have no idea how this disappeared. I re-entered it and now it gives connection failed disk I/o error. I have checked that I have the guest and writeable lines in the smb.conf file.

I would be very grateful for any help you can give.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Connection Failed disk i/o error

Post by musoware »

Is this a 64-bit machine? The SQLite library has a pre-requisite for the VC++ runtime which is now mentioned on the Muso home page:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... x?id=13523 (for 64-bit)

Please ensure you've run this.
Peter S

Post by Peter S »

That has helped a bit. I'm still getting the disc I/o error. When I select an album to 'Play Now' the tracks appear in the 'Queued Music' pane (which they didn't before) & the playlist currently running on squeezebox is cleared but the selected album tracks are no being passed through to squeezebox.

Any ideas on what I can try.

Thanks again Peter
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

The issue with connection to the database is nothing to do with the ability to queue up tracks - all communication with LMS (other than importing) is done through the CLI (command line interface) - what do you get if you hit the Test CLI button? Please post a screenshot of your LMS configuration in Muso - it sounds like there is a more generic issue like an inability to even reach the host.
Peter S

Post by Peter S »

Screen shot attached. As you can see it does communicate with squeezebox - the list of queued tracks shown is correct and I played these without using Muso. Also if I try to play an album it clears the playlist from squeezebox and shows the tracks as queued in Muso. It just doesn't pass them through. My music is on a NAS drive with a separate computer to that and Muso running Vortexbox.
The whole thing was working perfectly until I upgraded to 2.2.04 fro a n earlier version of 2.2.

Sorry to be a bother but I rely on Muso as my front end.

Thanks

Peter
muso options.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'm afraid I can't read the text in that screenshot - it's all too small. If the CLI is communicating and the track queueing isn't working there must be something wrong with your paths. Double-check them against this guide:

http://info.vortexbox.org/tiki-index.php?page=SetupMuso
Peter S

Post by Peter S »

I have checked everything & can't see where the path is wrong. I ran the Muso diagnostics looked at the log file. I don't understand it but it does have multiple 'path ?' at a point when I think it is trying to pass the tracks through. I'm afraid that I can't attaché the file as the Bulletin Board will not allow it. Which path would be wrong?
Thanks again

Peter
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

path? in the log will be where it's querying the CLI for what is playing, so I don't think that's anything to worry about. Could you send the screenshot (and the log file) to support@klarita.net ?
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It seems VortexBox 2.3 made changes to the way the database is managed. I raised an issue on the VortexBox forums which suggests a solution:

The instructions that work for VortexBox 2.2 are as detailed here.

The suggestion is this:

The wiki instructions to set up the SMB share for /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache may have to be modified for VB 2.3.

I suggest you modify /etc/samba/smb.conf on VortexBox as follows:

This works for VB 2.2:

Code: Select all

[squeezebox_db]
path = /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache
guest ok = yes
writeable = yes
create mask = 0777
This may need to be changed to the following for VB 2.3:

Code: Select all

[squeezebox_db]
path = /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache
browsable = Yes
guest ok = Yes
read only = No
create mask = 0755
directory mask = 0755
force user = squeezeboxserver
force group = squeezeboxserver
This will match the way the other Samba shares are set up on VB 2.3 (except that user and group are squeezeboxserver, not root).

Edit /etc/samba/smb.conf as shown above, then reboot the VB to run Samba with the new options.

I suggest similar changes to [squeezebox_playlist] share.

If this does not work, try "force user = root" and "force group = root" and see if that works better.
Peter S

Post by Peter S »

This worked for me.

Thanks

Peter