Version 2.2.x - System.Data.SQLite.dll

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
RichG

Version 2.2.x - System.Data.SQLite.dll

Post by RichG »

Hi Jez,

I've been using the v2.2 updates for a little while but just tried to do an import for the first time and hit upon a similar issue to that mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=178.

Error reported is: "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found."

Running in diagnostic mode the log shows the following related error:

01:< 7.653> *** Unhandled exception Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found. at MP3db.SqueezeCenterSQLite.SynchDatabase(String serverIP, Int32 cliPort, String secUser, String secPass, String dbFolder, Boolean commit, Boolean openLog, String fileTypes, Boolean preserveSourceDate, Int32 preserceSourceDateSetting, Nullable`1 fromTimeStamp, ImportActions ia)

This seems a bit odd to me as the specified dll is installed in the Muso folder!

I've checked both 32bit and 64bit versions and both have the same problem.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Version 2.2.x - System.Data.SQLite.dll

Post by musoware »

It's got to be the right System.Data.SQLite.dll though, 32-bit or 64-bit to match your OS. The connection provider doesn't make it easy though since both have the same version number, so you can only tell which one you have by file-size. So can you confirm the file size(s) of any SQLite DLL under your muso program folder?

And are you on 32-bit or 64-bit?

By the way, if you're not on the latest (2.2.02), please upgrade since this may sort it.
RichG

Post by RichG »

I thought it might well be system dependent...

I'm on Windows 7 running 64 bit updated to 2.2.02.

The size of System.Data.SQLite.dll is 1.24 MB (1,310,208 bytes), created date 05 September 2014, file version 1.0.94.0

Thanks.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Well that looks correct to me, for a 64-bit machine. You are looking in C:\Program Files\klarita.net\muso2 not C:\Program Files (x86)\klarita.net\muso2 ? There's no SQLite.Interop.dll in there as well is there?
RichG

Post by RichG »

I've managed to fix it.

Looking over the System.Data.SQLite website (http://system.data.sqlite.org/index.htm ... loads.wiki) I noticed mention of needing Visual C++ 2010 SP1 runtime for x64 (which I thought I had previously installed). I downloaded this from Microsoft and installed it and all is good now. Phew.

Might be worth a mention on the download page alongside the requirement for .NET framework.

Thanks for your pointer to my having the right version of the DLL, otherwise I would have spent a good while looking at that...

Cheers.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Well thank you for finding that out.