Muso2 not starting

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
Ed Howarth

Muso2 not starting

Post by Ed Howarth »

Just got a new laptop with Windows 8.1. Installed Muso2 and once set up worked fine for 3 or 4 days. Haven't got round to asking for a new licence yet, but it now has stopped loading. It just gives me 5 seconds of "swirl" and that's it. Uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times with reboots, done a repair etc. Nothing associated with Muso seems to be running in Task Manager. Tried Windows compatibility mode XP, Vista, 7 to no effect. Debug mode does exactly the same.

Net framework 4 (it's installation prog tells me) comes with Windows 8.1 so I can't re-install that.

Installed Muso1, and it works fine!

Is there a fuller uninstall that might get rid of troublesome files?

I haven't really started putting stuff on this new laptop so I'm at a loss what might be stopping it from working.

Ed
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Muso2 not starting

Post by musoware »

Hmm does it produce a muso2.log file when run under diagnostics mode?

You might try clearing all your cached settings to see if that affects it: under C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local (or whataver the Windows 8.1 equivalent is), remove the Muso folder (Muso 1 uses the AlbumBrowser folder), then restart.
Ed Howarth

Post by Ed Howarth »

No, it didn't get as far as making a log file. But I've deleted the cache and it works again. Huzzah! (The file is at the same location in 8.1 BTW).

Thanks for your, as ever, quick and perfect advice.

Ed
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

A corrupt config sometimes happens in Win7 also, I've yet to deduce why, but at least in Win7 it then gives you a semi-meaningful message on startup as a clue. In Win8 it just crapped out?
Ed Howarth

Post by Ed Howarth »

Yes. Just a bit of a whirly then it's straight back to the desktop.