Number of albums displayed on a page

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
Ed Howarth

Number of albums displayed on a page

Post by Ed Howarth »

Not a huge bug....

Setting "Number of Albums to Display on a page" to 0 (to display all) results in only about 100 thumbnails being displayed. When you scroll to the bottom, there is a short pause before the next 100 are loaded. And so on until they are all loaded.

If the number is set to, say 100, and then from the bottom of the album page one selects "All", the page loads all immediately. Similarly, if one sets the number to greater than the albums present, say 1000, it also loads correctly.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Number of albums displayed on a page

Post by musoware »

Not a bug at all actually, that's by design - a value of zero forces behaviour like you get in many websites like pinterest - it loads the first 100 but doesn't load more until you scroll to the bottom to indicate that you want to see more. That way the page loads faster initially. You could always set the number to 999999 if you always want to show all without this behaviour, but it's likely to be slow to load.
Ed Howarth

Re: Number of albums displayed on a page

Post by Ed Howarth »

Ok. Thanks for that. V1 loads all initially when the number is set to 0 and I had got used to the way the page populated. I can understand it might be a bit slow with a large database. I'm not that lucky!

Cheers.