Now playing scroll area problem.

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
RichG

Now playing scroll area problem.

Post by RichG »

Hi

I'm having a couple of problems with theme-ing the 'Now Playing' page which seem to be caused by the "height: 520px;" tag that is in the following html for the page:

Code: Select all

<div id="scroll_area" style="height: 520px;" onmouseover='document.getElementById("scroll_area").focus();'>

In my theme this is producing a not insignificant region below the bottom of the scroll area which is empty of content, and, when shown, the horizontal scroll bar is placed away from the bottom:
scroll_area.jpg
Is there anything that can be done to fix this, either by myself with CSS, or otherwise? I notice that your lightbox theme appears to have a similar but less significant problem.
Thanks.
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Now playing scroll area problem.

Post by musoware »

That height is injected by javascript - what did you do in the CSS to cause this issue?

I'd also be interested to see where it trips up the lightbox theme - I hadn't noticed an issue.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Yes, I suspected it would be from JS.

I think it has become noticeable due to decreasing the size of the title / header sections, but I could be wrong.

Here's the same in your theme:
scroll_area_lb.jpg
BTW. Changing the height of the application window doesn't effect the amount of empty space.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Just checked the page in IE dev tools and toggling the vertical padding settings in #header does indeed effect the empty area size.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Thanks, I'll check that out - the javascript should be taking header padding and margins into consideration.

By the way the page's javascript is not guaranteed to be fully operational when you invoke IE developer tools, but it's usually operational enough to see the static layout as it would be presented in Muso.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Thanks
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Fix in 2.0.13
RichG

Post by RichG »

Yes - fixed. Thanks again.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Hi Jez,

Sorry to say - but I'm now seeing the same issue on the main 'Album Browser' page and the 'Artist' page.

I'm attempting to increase the maximum vertical viewing space by moving the filter buttons, using CSS fixed positioning to the header/title area, but this is resulting in a large hole again at the bottom of the display equivalent to the size of the filter element.

Been looking at ways to fix this with CSS, including overriding the inline height tag (with a !important tag), but this ends up messy due to the varying height of the header text. There may be another way of doing it with CSS, but it beats me.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Could you send me your custom theme folder content?