RichG

Re: Now playing scroll area problem.

Post by RichG »

Yes - will do shortly.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Hi Jez

Thanks for your attention to this. I was going to PM you, but can't attach files to PMs so here it is:
RichG-broken.zip
(52.49 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
The theme uses a lot of alpha transparency and generally works best with a darkish background. I've found that this wallpaper works well: http://www.vladstudio.com/wallpaper/?melody with opacity set to about 40%.

I found a reasonably elegant solution to the problem with the 'Artist' page is to move the play and other buttons to the empty space at the bottom, as in the screen shot. But that still leaves the main browser view with the hole.
screenshot.jpg

Cheers.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

I'll have a look at this soon. I would guess that problems may arise if you use your theme to modify the basic layout - because there is javascript also running which assumes the layout is as per the basic design. Custom themes should really only modify the visual appearance rather than the layout (though margin and padding should be OK to change).
RichG

Post by RichG »

musoware wrote:I'll have a look at this soon. I would guess that problems may arise if you use your theme to modify the basic layout - because there is javascript also running which assumes the layout is as per the basic design. Custom themes should really only modify the visual appearance rather than the layout (though margin and padding should be OK to change).

That is what I had figured. There is only so much that the CSS can do after all, although I've been quite surprised while (re)learning its capabilities just how powerful it can be.

As you say, a lot of the layout is out of my control, and I can't expect you to rewrite stuff just for my pleasure :)
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Yeah it is the filter that's causing your issue - the javascript is still taking it into consideration for working out the scroll area, but I can make a change to check if it's set by fixed positioning.

I've noticed another issue or two to investigate before I can release this however:
- occasional disappearing header
- disappearing override wallpaper
Did you ever encounter these?
RichG

Post by RichG »

musoware wrote:Yeah it is the filter that's causing your issue - the javascript is still taking it into consideration for working out the scroll area, but I can make a change to check if it's set by fixed positioning.
Thanks.

I've noticed another issue or two to investigate before I can release this however:
- occasional disappearing header
- disappearing override wallpaper
Did you ever encounter these?
Can't say I've seen either of these issues. The wallpaper certainly seems stable and I'll keep a check on what is happening to the header but never noticed anything going wrong so far.
RichG

Post by RichG »

I've been having another think through this height issue...

One possible solution would, if possible and implementable, would be to ensure all the elements within the #filter element were to be enclosed within another single <div></div> element with an assigned class. That way the enclosed element could be set to fixed or absolute positioning, leaving the #filter element in place which could be then set to an insignificant height to effectively hide it.

Looking at the current html, it appears that this is already the case with the 'Artist' page (the #artistSort class) but not the main browser page:
albums_html.jpg
artist_html.jpg
There are a couple of other places in the html were having extra <div></div> elements enclosing sets of other elements would really help with layout changes, so if not much trouble for you I could point you to these places as well.

Again, please don't go to massive trouble just for me :) - I can happily live with Muso just the way it is.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Let me release the fix where it ignores the filter if set to fixed positioning (for working out the scroll area) and see if this helps your issues, then we can take it further if we need to. Will do that tonight.
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

It's there now - 2.0.14
RichG

Post by RichG »

Thanks Jez - much appreciated.