Text / Image Alignment in Album Browser View

Fixed bugs will be filed here.
RichG

Text / Image Alignment in Album Browser View

Post by RichG »

Hi

I'm very much enjoying V2 - seems to be generally more slick and smoother then previous.
However with the latest update (and after refreshing thumbnails), the alignment of the text fields (artists/album) under the covers is a little messy in places due to some of my covers not being square (see attached picture - taken from default Dark theme).

I've got a round this in my own theme through CSS by forcing the image to be shown as square, but this is far from ideal:

Code: Select all

.albumCover
{
	border-radius: 12px;
	height: 140px;
	width: 140px;
	margin: 2px;
}
Is there a better way to get the text to line up?

Thanks.
Attachments
mis-aligned_pics.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Re: Text / Image Alignment in Album Browser View

Post by musoware »

I changed the styling to allow for non-square thumbnails to fit the "Lightbox" theme. I'll look into preserving the height of the album covers in the other themes though.

NB. With the new "Lightbox" theme, not even the tops of the album covers are sure to line up (except on the first row of a page), but that's by design - it's supposed to present in a "mosaic" type view. Admittedly you lose the sense of the exact order when scrolling down the page (if order is important), but I for one prefer the look. But that's why I added the option to quickly switch theme on the main page.
RichG

Post by RichG »

I totally get were you're coming from with the "mosaic" look, and it does have a certain appeal and I'm sure, from time to time, I'll make use of that theme. Was a good idea to add the theme selector.

However, in generally prefer to have things nicely ordered and tend to get a little ,er, fussy :) about things being lined up squarely (i'm one of those very annoying types who goes into peoples houses and 'fixes' their wall hangings and paintings if they look off square :D).

If you can look into this I'd much appreciate it.

One more little thing I've found, which may well be related to the zoom and text scaling I use, but looks very ugly:
Attachments
odd_text.jpg
musoware
Site Admin

Post by musoware »

Thanks, will look into that as well.
RichG

Post by RichG »

Thanks for the quick fix - both issues gone now :)